This department provides information and assistance to the tourism sector. It also develops programs to ensure foreign and national tourists are satisfied and that their stay in the country or region is enjoyable.
The department’s activities include:
- Providing assistance to foreign and national tourists at tourism information centers, including emergency assistance. Providing supporting materials and orientation according to requests.
- Providing information and assistance to tourists in digital formats.
- Coordinating and publishing informative material for tourists.
- Receiving and processing complaints by tourists about services provided by tourism businesses.
- Coordinating and servicing tourism signage, including informative signage for roadways and preventive signage at beaches and other high-risk areas that pose a danger to tourists.
- Coordinating security issues that affect tourists during their stay in the country.
- Coordinating tourist safety programs with the Public Security Ministry and the Judicial Investigation Police.
- Coordinating security issues with the appropriate embassies located in the country.
- Coordinating with the Red Cross on the Aquatic Prevention and Rescue program at the most popular tourist beaches.
- Interagency coordination on preventive safety via the National Commission on Tourist Safety (CONSETUR).
Tourist information offices authorized by the ICT are as follows:
Central San José Information Office
Address: Central Avenue, between 1st and 3rd streets, across from Librería Lehmann, in the Cultural Ministry’s Academies Building.
Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport Tourist Information Office
Central Building Information Office
Address: La Uruca, east side of the Juan Pablo II Bridge
Tourist information available at our offices includes:
- Cultural Activities.
- Adventure Activities.
- Safety and prevention material for tourists.