The Department of Certifications and Social Responsibility in the Tourism Industry concentrates on the topic of environmental and social responsibility from the State, as a way to contribute to the development of tourist activities that take place within a sustainable framework in regards to the economy, society, culture, and environment, allowing the improvement of the quality of life of our citizens.
Objective of the Department:
Watch over the development of Tourist Certification processes in every sector with valid standards, through the Ecological Blue Flag program, the implementation of the Code of Conduct to Protect Children and Adolescents from Commercial Sexual Exploitation, the Institutional Environmental Management Plan, and the promotion of the Social Responsibility in the Tourism Industry, as common practices within the companies of the sector.
The processes in charge are:
- Promotion of Standards and Quality Systems
- Monitoring the competitiveness of tourism companies
- Institutional Environmental Management
- National Strategy for Climate Change
- Increase sensitivity and awareness
- Social Responsibility in the Tourism Industry
- Certification for Sustainable Tourism in its different categories (induction, accompaniment, evaluation, and follow-up).
- Development of specific implementations or improvements to the CST Program
- Ecologic Blue Flag Program, Beach category.
- Code of Conduct
- Research on topics related to Sustainability
- Training on topics related to Sustainability
Certifications and Tourist Social Responsibility, is the department responsible on the theme of Sustainability in the institution for what it plans, executes and monitors the Certification for Tourism Sustainability (CST), Ecological Blue Flag Program, Beaches category and the Program of the Code of Conduct, the topic of Climate Change and Institutional Environmental Management.
It also conducts awareness and awareness workshops on sustainable tourism and environmental issues and is the benchmark in climate change, corporate social responsibility and Institutional Environmental Management.
It has the website: www.turismo-sostenible.co.cr where you can see everything related to the Certification for Tourism Sustainability (CST).