The purpose of this area is to carry out and monitor the marketing and promotion actions set out by the Board.
Objective of the process:
Carry out activities related to advertising Costa Rica as a tourism destination at the domestic and international level.
This area is in charge of the following processes:
- Participation in international fairs and events to strengthen the image and positioning of the destination, and negotiations to incorporate Costa Rica into marketing chains.
- Tourism expo fair programs.
- Cooperative campaign program and relationships with wholesalers and airlines.
- Public relations with national and international scopes, to promote and manage the image of the destination.
- Assist international press groups touring the country to gain exposure for tourism products in the media through earned publicity.
- Assistance for "fam trips" of international travel agencies or wholesalers, in coordination with tour operators and associations, resulting in exposure for the country’s destinations and the attractions and raising awareness of group facilities.
- Promotional presentations of Costa Rica as a destination for international travel agencies, in order to provide the needed tools to contribute to the marketing of the destinations and generate more visits.
- Support to commercial partners, chambers, associations and private companies in local events related to promotion and tourism activities in different regions.