This unit assists every consultancy need of the Institution regarding legal topics, as well as external clients who require it.
Objective of the Process:
Provide legal consultancy and support to the different dependencies of the Institute, as well as external clients who require it.
The main tasks of Legal Counsel are:
Provide legal counsel to the different collegiate bodies in the Institute, its different dependencies, and the external clients who require it.
The different legal processes where the Institute is included, and where it is responsible for the revision of legal requirements in different processes, are performed and given follow-up thanks to the coordination of the two units that make up the Legal Counsel: Legal Management Unit - Procedural, and Legal Management Unit - Administrative.
Legal Management Unit - Procedural:
- Follow-up of the different legal processes where the Institute is included.
- Serve as a governing body in administrative procedures.
Legal Management Unit - Administrative:
- Tourism declaration and tourism contract.
- Administrative contracting and cooperation agreements.
- Concessions, cessions, and extension in the Maritime-Terrestrial Zone.
- Concessions in the Golfo de Papagayo Tourism Development.
- Creation of Law Projects or Regulations related to tourism.
- Legal support to the Commission on Marinas and Tourist Piers (CIMAT).